Pres. Kennedy's perss conferences

micky

Nov 22, 2020, 6:35:54 AM11/22/20
Looking for something else, came across this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sESlUEcfSxM

A few thoughts questions come to mind:

Could trump have gotten through even one of these quesitons with as
reasonable or humorous an answer? (one or both)

Has trump ever told a joke in the past 5 years, or more?

Has he ever smiled after getting a question? Maybe, I don't know.

Remember when the president gave live press conferences with unpreviewed
questions and extemporaneous answers?

I'm sure we can find a couple people here who don't like what he said,
but he answered questions, live. 61 times in about 1020 days.

They were at about 4PM central or eastern time**, and I used to
sometimes watch when I got home from school.

**Indiana, where I lived, used to fiddle with its time zone, so I don't
know what time it was then. I suppose they were early enough to
develop the film, edit the film, and get it on the evening news
(although there were a lot more reporters there than from tv networks or
stations.)

Meanwhile, this past summer the trump admistration attacked the Voice of
America. A sample of the articles on the topic:
https://freedomhouse.org/article/united-states-attacks-voice-america-undermine-press-freedom

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/10/white-house-attacks-voice-of-america-daily-newsletter-179191

Joe Bidet

Nov 22, 2020, 7:01:52 AM11/22/20
On 11/22/20 6:35 AM, micky wrote:
> Looking for something else, came across this:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sESlUEcfSxM
>

> A few thoughts questions come to mind:
>
> Could trump have gotten through even one of these quesitons with as
> reasonable or humorous an answer? (one or both)
>
> Has trump ever told a joke in the past 5 years, or more?
>
> Has he ever smiled after getting a question? Maybe, I don't know.

You want jokes, try the Clown News Network.  Looks to me like it's such a joke, AT$T is trying to dump it?